Industrial Electricity

Industrial Electricity demystifies the study of electricity.  Studies indicate 80% of the faults associated with electrical control systems involve either devices or field wiring. The other 20% faults can be quickly found using software tools that usually remain hidden to all but the most experienced troubleshooting professional.  Industrial Electricity provides you with real world training for your real world needs.  You will benefit from this class as long as you have an interest in learning to troubleshoot and repair electrical apparatus.

While Covid social distancing requirements are in place, class size is limited to 11 registered participants.   A wait list will be maintained in case of drops, or Covid requirements are lifted.

This course is free and supported by the NCWorks Purpose 365 Program. Registration is required to hold seats.

This course is free. Follow registration directions listed in the Frequently Asked Questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Use hardware and software to find faults quickly. Use a systematic approach to troubleshooting; work safely around electrical equipment.

Maintenance personnel in: 

  • Manufacturing Plants
  • Commercial Buildings
  • Hospitals and Schools
  • Waste Water Facilities
  • Government Buildings
  • Research Facilities
  • Shopping Centers
  • Airports

Anyone needing a basic electricity course:

  • Apprentice & Experienced Electricians
  • Instrumentation Technicians
  • Multi-Craft Technicians
  • Building Maintenance Personnel
  • Plant & Facility Technicians
  • Building Engineers/Building Managers
  • Superintendents, Plant & Facility Managers

For fees and materials information contact Steve Castelloe at srcastelloe@gtcc.edu or 336-334-4822 Ext. 57002.

This course is taught on the Donald W. Cameron Campus, 7908 Leabourne Road, Colfax, NC 27235.

Masks are required on campus. Registrations are limited to two (2) person per company.  Please send completed registration to ejapple@gtcc.edu. Class confirmation will be given upon receipt of completed registration.

Note: This class is full. However, registration forms are still being accepted to be placed on a waitlist. You may be contacted on short notice to attend the class if there is last-minute withdrawal.

Spring Schedule
Course Name Dates Days Hours Campus Room Register
CTP-3001-783 Industrial Electricity & Troubleshooting Skills 3/7/21 - 4/6/21 M, W 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. Cameron C1 231A Register Now

You may need Adobe Reader to complete this form.